• Electric Drill/Electric Screwdriver
• Hack Saw/Cut Off Saw
• Phillips Screwdriver
• Channel Lock Pliers
• Measure all sides of your bar or counter where you will be installing your Foot Rail.
• Make a simple sketch of your Foot Rail. The materials needed include Tubing, Foot Rail Brackets and Finials. You may also need Tube Splices, Elbows or Wall Flanges – depending on your specific project.
• Determine the length of the Tubing and be sure to include the dimensions that the Brackets and Fittings may add or subtract from the overall length of the Tubing.
• Create a detailed parts list consisting of all parts and quantities required. When calculating quantities of Brackets needed, place a Bracket 6" from the Tube ending and either side of an Elbow. Then space equally throughout the length of the Rail. We recommend spacing the Brackets 36 to 48 inches apart.
• Place your order by contacting Wagner or online at shopwagner.com. Note that our Brackets include Mounting Screws for typical installations – your application may require additional hardware available at your local hardware store.
• Mark the Tube for the appropriate length for cutting. When determining Tube cut lengths, keep in mind that the splicing joints should be concealed within a Bracket. Double check all measurements before cutting.
• Please note that Tubing comes wrapped in a layer of plastic film that should be left in place as long as possible during the installation process to protect the finish of the metal.
• Loosely assemble the Foot Rail by sliding the Tubing through the Brackets without adding the Set Screws.
• Mark the location of your Brackets with a pencil. The Brackets require a solid backing of at least 3/4".
• Carefully read the instructions for Lido-Weld Adhesive prior to installation.
• Once you are satisfied with the loose fit assembly, begin to attach the Brackets securely to the wall in the first straight section.
• If a corner occurs, first securely attach the Elbow to the installed Foot Rail and then to the second loosely assembled Foot Rail section. Use Lido-Weld Adhesive and Set Screws to attach the Tubing to the Elbow.
• The Tubing is attached to the Brackets with Set Screws. Elbows should be attached with Lido-Weld Adhesive and Set Screws.
• To secure Finials or End Caps, apply a continuous bead of Lido-Weld Adhesive around the interior surface of one part and press and rotate the component into place.
• Once installation is complete, remove the existing protective plastic film from the Tubing.
• Maintain the rich finish of your rail with Lido-Lustre™ Metal Polish – page 99.
• In situations where you would prefer to mount a Foot Rail without the Bracket resting on the floor, our Bar Mount Bracket offers an excellent solution.
• When a Wall Flange is used, slide the Flange onto the Tube before securing the section of Foot Rail to the bar. A Flange may replace a support Bracket if mounted to a solid backing.